Thursday, September 3, 2009

Waiting For The Storm To Hit

The rest of the day I was a complete basket case. Jittery and shaky beyond anything I had ever experienced in my entire life, I looked, behaved and felt like a junkie overdosing on speed. My thoughts and actions steadily accelerated at a record pace as the day progressed. I couldn't calm down if my life depended on it. Nor could I find a place for myself. As the hours slowly passed by, fear and panic settled into my body, making themselves quite comfortable in their new surroundings. And like house guests who've overstayed their welcome, these two freeloaders were in for the long haul. They were not planning on packing up and leaving anytime soon.

All I could focus on was the "hurricane" that was about to make landfall later that evening. Without a doubt, there was no way I was going to be home when the processor came to deliver the papers to Dick. Truth be told, I especially didn't want to be anywhere near my home after the papers were delivered either.

No comments:

Post a Comment