Thursday, August 20, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

Not knowing what to do, I immediately did what I always do when life throws me into a crisis situation. I took a Zanax. Then I called everyone I could think of who I knew could offer me good advice. In the matter of a few hours, with the help of my "team of advisers," I discovered that my husband was planning to file for divorce and had probably already consulted an attorney. Because I had the presence of mind to get a copy of the final transaction from the bank, I saw that Dick had withdrawn $5,000 (the usual amount for a retainer) on one day and closed the account a few days later. It quickly became clear as a bell that my husband was busy preparing to make a lifestyle change.

At this point it seems like a good time to share a little bit about what I've been dealing with lately.To put it mildly, 2009 was definitely not turning out to be my year. For that matter, 2008, 2007 or 2006 weren't anything to write home about either. My father passed away on September 14, 2008. He lived 94 years. Even though he enjoyed a long, and for the most part, a very good life, the last few years were very hard, painful and sad. Being "Daddy's Little Girl," I had an extremely difficult time watching the man that I loved with all my heart slowly deteriorate and slip away before my very eyes. On top of that, my mom had a very hard time dealing with losing her husband, best friend and soul mate. In fact, while my husband was busy at the bank and at the lawyer's office, my mom was in the hospital.

Like I said... 2009 was not turning out to be my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment