Monday, December 14, 2009

Revenge Is Sweet

I was so incredibly proud of myself for what I just pulled off. When I stopped to think about it, this was an amazing coup. Not only did I get to confront "the other woman," but I did it in such a way that she had to have gone back and told Dick what happened. When she did, there was absolutely nothing he could say to me. (I would have loved to have heard the conversation that took place between the two of them after my call.) Following that, if he would have confronted me and told me that I should stay out of his business, my response would have been, "I don't know what you are talking about. You told me that you didn't recognize the name on the caller I.D. and it was a wrong number. Anything he could have possibly responded would have screwed him even further.

The beauty of the whole situation was that Juanita knew I knew all about her; Dick knew I knew all about them; they both had to deal with the fallout from my phone call; and I came out smelling like a rose. For the first time since this whole fiasco started, I was enjoying myself. My mom always told me, "When life gives you lemons, you have to make lemonade." I'll drink to that. Here's to the first of many!

No comments:

Post a Comment